Hints and Tips on Digital Marketing for SMEs
Did you know that over a third of Irish businesses have little to no web presence?
A shocking fact for us in all in this digital age! On average companies should spend over 20 hours a week on marketing, with a substantial amount of this time going to their digital marketing.
A lot of companies either lack the time or expertise to have a strong online and digital presence and in many cases fear also holds people back.
In this blog, we aim to help you overcome some of these barriers with some helpful hints and tips. So, keep reading….
Nowadays, it is expected that brands have a strong online presence – including a well-functioning website and professionally managed social media platforms.
From research the benefits of having a strong online brand include increased awareness, driving new business and business growth. The stats below speak for themselves:
· 77% of Irish SMEs that implement good digital practice have gained awareness for their brand through it.
· 89% of Irish SMEs say digital marketing plays a huge role in driving new business towards them.
· 4 in 10 Irish SMEs say they generate new business directly through their website alone.
Source:IE Domain Registery 2018
Common reasons for the lack of an online presence that we have heard include - we have no time, no money and no resources. So, let us help you with these. Here are a few hints and tips
How do I do it?
1. Plan your social media posts and use social media planning software At Manzor Marketing we spend a few hours every Monday morning, planning out our social media posts for the week. We then use a social media planner to schedule our posts. Below are three we would recommend:
- Facebook Scheduler
Hootsuite.com – free with up to two accounts
2. Outsource your Workload Many SMEs don’t have the knowledge or expertise to even begin to create their own social media marketing plan. Using an outsourced social media company can help you with the management of your social media. These companies are trained professionals in the area and can save you a lot of time and money.
3. Hire an Intern Manpower can often be an issue for SMEs when managing their social media. Students are constantly looking for experience in their marketing field. As they are still in college studying, they will be learning fresh material and provide new ideas that can improve the business. They are also a very cost-effective resource. We would recommend linking with your local university or IT marketing and business courses.
4. Use Simple Creation Software At Manzor Marketing we love Canva.com. Canva is a free online design tool that will help to give a professional image to your online brand. All you need is an email address and password to get started….
As you all know having a strong online presence is a must for any business – be it big or small. All you need is a bit of focus and time to get going.
We hope that you have learned some useful information from our blog. If you need any help with your online brand, please be sure to get in touch with us at Manzor Marketing – www.manzormarketing.ie or call us on 086 1742142.
We look forward to hearing from you and seeing you online soon!